Benefits of Enviromist
- It has been successfully used for over 20 years on cattle farms, game farms and pig farms to support good respiratory health.
- Reduces ammonia and other noxious alkaline gases in housing or from soiled bedding.
- With better air quality, animals and birds have reduced stress levels and as a result, there is a reduction in mortality.
- With a cleaner environment in housing, animals and birds thrive with greater feed intake, better digestion and increased growth.
- Low levels of Enviromist can be added to drinking water which can have a beneficial effect on an animal or bird’s gut PH.
Who should use Enviromist
- Dairy and beef farms – it should be used when cleaning cattle housing, calf housing and calf hutches.
- Game bird farms – it should be used when cleaning housing, runs and release pens for pheasants, partridges and quail.
- Pig and poultry farms
- Sheep farms – it should be used at lambing time in lambing pens.
- Organic acid blend
- Essential oils
- Herb extracts
How to use Enviromist for Cleaning
- Firstly wash down all equipment thoroughly with a power hose removing all loose dirt. Air vents, fans and feeders should be dismantled to ensure thorough cleaning.
- Use a fogger or a knapsack sprayer with Enviromist at 5:1 dilution rate ensuring that all cracks and crevices have been washed thoroughly.
- Next wash off with power hose.
- Treat again with Enviromist at 5:1 dilution rate thus ensuring complete microbial kill.
- Dry and aerate house before rebedding.
- Spray bedding, walls, equipment and ground with a 10% solution (ie one part Enviromist to ten parts of water) before bringing stock into housing.
How to use Enviromist for Air Quality
Use a fogger to mist the housing air with a 10% solution ie one part Enviromist to ten parts of water. This should be done on a weekly basis when animals or birds are in their housing. It is safe to do this with young chicks or young calves who are just a few days old.
How to use Enviromist in Drinking Water
Add to drinking water at a dilution rate of 0.125% ie 125 ml per 1000 litres of water.